Simulink blocks for Phidgets

Legacy support with Phidget21
pmrawk
Phidgetly

Simulink blocks for Phidgets

Postby pmrawk » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:29 pm

Hello,
I have been using the Matlab library for the Phidgets to use the advanced servo board. Has anyone had experience creating Simulink blocks that utilize the Phidget boards? I do not need real-time control.
Instead, I would like to create blocks for Simulink that can get and send data to the Phidget boards connected.

For example, I could have an encoder block that pulls in the data and the DC motor block that issues a control signal to a motor. Then I could insert a Simulink block that takes the encoder data as feedback and computes the control signal.

Thanks!

Patrick

Robert

Re: Simulink blocks for Phidgets

Postby Robert » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:44 am

Sounds an awful lot like a lab I did in a control system class for engineering.........

I didn't use Phidgets though. Good question, I don't think anybody at Phidgets has looked into Simulink support.

pmrawk
Phidgetly

Postby pmrawk » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:37 am

That is exactly what I would like to do with the Phidgets! So far I have figured out that I need to use so-called Lvl2 M-file S-functions. I am currently working on a block that lets users get input from the InterfaceKit.

If anyone has experience with the dirty details of Simulink, let me know.

Patrick

wildthing
Fresh meat

Postby wildthing » Sat May 12, 2012 10:15 am

Hi, I am also working on a solution to create some Simulink Blocks to use the Phidgets.

In my project i have to read the frequency by the frequency counter Phidgets.

If anyone hase some ideas i would be very happy!

I will post my results if it works!

Return to “Matlab”