few sensors:

What do you need Phidgets to do for you?
zero0ne

few sensors:

Postby zero0ne » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:11 am

a fully functional PPM sensor (or EC sensor)
(by full I mean including the probe, as its hard to find JUST the PPM probe)

Co2 Sensor for the 8/8/8 kit (I found some real cheap ones online; links at home, maybe you guys could buy them in bulk an whip em up with a analog plug, etc...)

Dissolved Oxygen sensor (doubt youll do this, as the cheapest sensors I have found of these are close to a thousand bucks!)

Could you buy some perilistatic pumps from some chinese manufacturer; you could sell just the pumps AND you could maybe make a usb board for controlling them

all i have for now!

cheers,

schurink

Re: few sensors:

Postby schurink » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:17 pm

Dear 01,

Can you send me the informsation about the co2 and the ec measuring!

Thanks a lot,
Ewout Schurink

zero0ne

Postby zero0ne » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:09 am

can't but they are typical sensors you would get from a chinese manuf. company.

this is the company that most test labs get theirs from (least school wise)
http://www.vernier.com/probes/index.html

Co2, there was some company online that was making one that can output to 0-5v for a 0-10k range for like 100 bucks... cant remember the site though....

maybe this thread should be moved to the sensors thread?
(tough I do touch on pumps )

Robert

Postby Robert » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:20 am

Dissolved O2 has been considered, CO2 is an interesting idea.

zero0ne

Postby zero0ne » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:39 pm

Not going to lie, a really hardened 4-20ma ratiometric device would be the best thing sensor wise, as it would allow an assortment of sensors to be used with the device.

(unless that is basically what the phidget PH sensor is... not sure how your typical BNC pH sensor outputs)

One other idea is a infrared temp sensor, so that you can just point it at what you want measured and bam!

Robert

Postby Robert » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:05 pm

zero0ne wrote:Not going to lie, a really hardened 4-20ma ratiometric device would be the best thing sensor wise, as it would allow an assortment of sensors to be used with the device.

(unless that is basically what the phidget PH sensor is... not sure how your typical BNC pH sensor outputs)

One other idea is a infrared temp sensor, so that you can just point it at what you want measured and bam!

It was mentioned in a few other threads, a 4-20ma current sensor IS coming. It's in the production queue. And yes, it is a very good device to have.

I think that IR temp sensor was being looked into, but I don't know if or what was ever done.

zero0ne

Postby zero0ne » Tue May 04, 2010 12:41 pm

Awesome guys, I see you just released the 4-20ma sensors!

Thanks!

Glenvn
Phidgetly

Postby Glenvn » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:18 pm

CO2 sensor:

Code: Select all

http://www.co2meter.com/collections/co2-sensors

I plug mine ( K-30 10,000ppm CO2 Sensor) into the 1019 - PhidgetInterfaceKit 8/8/8 w/6 Port Hub.

Works perfectly!

zero0ne

Postby zero0ne » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:31 am

Awesome man!

tylersfox
Fresh meat

Postby tylersfox » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:11 pm

Glenvn wrote:CO2 sensor:

Code: Select all

http://www.co2meter.com/collections/co2-sensors

I plug mine ( K-30 10,000ppm CO2 Sensor) into the 1019 - PhidgetInterfaceKit 8/8/8 w/6 Port Hub.

Works perfectly!

Hi Glenvn,

Are you still using this? I have a k-30 as well, and I'm trying to use it with a 1018 8/8/8 but I'm new to phidgets and I'm not getting a reading from the k30. It may be that I've got it wired wrong, but I'm wondering if you have a picture or wiring diagram you would be willing to share.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Return to “Phidgets”