HUB5000 - Can't Connect

General PhidgetSBC Discussion.
Rhybot
Phidgeteer!

HUB5000 - Can't Connect

Post by Rhybot »

Hello Phidgets Forums,

I recently purchased a Wireless VINT HUB5000. It worked great, until I tried to connect it to a network as a client. When I made the attempt, I lost the ability to connect to the device. I tried connecting again via both the original access point (it was no longer there :? ), and then to find it on the new network (I could not find it there either :( ).

I then tried to factory reset the device according to the User Guide. While powered on, I held the reset button down for ~15 seconds. I then released the reset button. I then unplugged the power cord, and then plugged it back in. To no avail, I can't get the original access point to reappear.

Two question:
1. How can I connect to the HUB5000 via ethernet? I have it connected directly to my Mac, and my Phidget Control Panel can't see it.
2. Is there some way I can debug this?

Thank you in advance for your help!
mparadis
Site Admin

Re: HUB5000 - Can't Connect

Post by mparadis »

We've been seeing some issues related to MDNS for some operating systems with the HUB5000. I recommend contacting support@phidgets.com with your original message and the following additional information:

- OS version
- Computer model
- After factory reset, can you see the access point from your phone or another computer?
Rhybot
Phidgeteer!

Post by Rhybot »

Hi maradis,

Thank you for answering!

[*] Computer: MacBook Pro, 2018
[*] OS: macOS Mojave v10.14.3
[*] After factory reset, I cannot see the AP from my phone or another computer.

I guess, is it possible to connect to the HUB5000 over ethernet?

Current state of the ethernet port:
[*] Green LED: continuously on
[*] Orange LED: continuously off

I am not sure how to connect to the HUB5000 over ethernet. I have connected it to my computer, but I cannot see it.

Thank you in advance for any additional help!
Patrick
Lead Developer

Post by Patrick »

Hold the button down before plugging the board in, and then plug in and hold for 15 seconds and let go. This will do a full factory restore and the board should come back.

-Patrick
Rhybot
Phidgeteer!

Post by Rhybot »

Hi Patrick,

That worked! Turns out my problem was that I was not properly going through the factory reset protocol.

I do think that the factory reset process could more explicitly documented in the HUB5000's user guide.

Regardless, I can once again see my Phidget device. Thank you again!
Jaeger109G6

Post by Jaeger109G6 »

Patrick wrote:Hold the button down before plugging the board in, and then plug in and hold for 15 seconds and let go. This will do a full factory restore and the board should come back.

-Patrick
Thanks! I keep running into problems since I got my HUB5000, but from what I can see once I identify the issue and work it out, these are all user errors :oops: and that advice pulled me out of quite the pickle.
Patrick
Lead Developer

Post by Patrick »

Rhybot wrote:Hi Patrick,

That worked! Turns out my problem was that I was not properly going through the factory reset protocol.

I do think that the factory reset process could more explicitly documented in the HUB5000's user guide.

Regardless, I can once again see my Phidget device. Thank you again!
Yes, I have updated the documentation.

-patrick