New PhidgetSBC2 Firmware Version 1.0.1

General PhidgetSBC Discussion.
Patrick
Lead Developer

New PhidgetSBC2 Firmware Version 1.0.1

Post by Patrick »

A new PhidgetSBC2 Firmware has been posted.

This release upgrades the kernel to 3.1.6, as well as including all of the latest Debian package updates and the latest Phidgets libraries.

You should only perform this upgrade if you want the newer kernel - all packages can be upgraded via the package system.

This upgrade is available from the Drivers page.

This must be installed from the recovery system and will completely overwrite the SBC2 filesystem, so backup any files before hand.

To upgrade:
1. Rename the firmware file from phidgetsbc2_1.0.1.20120106.bin to phidgetsbc2-1.0.1.20120106.bin - the recovery system expects a dash not an underscore.
2. Put the file on a USB flash drive and plug it in.
3. Reboot into the recovery system: 'System->Backup & Restore->Upgrade / Factory Reset'
4. Make sure the right file is shown and click 'Upgrade'

The SBC2 will upgrade the system and reboot.

-Patrick
rimellj
Fresh meat

Re: New PhidgetSBC2 Firmware Version 1.0.1

Post by rimellj »

New website structure is problematic for SBC2. Nowhere is the CURRENT firmware, the drivers page is only links to the client apps, not the actual SBC2 firmware. You can get previous firmwares in the archived drivers page at http://www.phidgets.com/old_drivers.php but this does not include the new firmware from what I can see. Specifically I need the new SBC2 firmware - phidgetsbc2_1.0.1.20120106.bin - but this is not listed on your site anywhere that I can find.
Patrick
Lead Developer

Post by Patrick »

Hi,

The latest firmware's are listed here: http://www.phidgets.com/docs/OS_-_Phidg ... _Downloads from Drivers->PhidgetSBC->Quick Downloads.

I've also changed the old-drivers page to list all drivers, including the current ones.

-Patrick
rimellj
Fresh meat

Post by rimellj »

Patrick, now that is what I call customer service, thank you very much for the fast response
spider
Phidgeteer!

Post by spider »

Hi Patrick

I just bought an SBC2 for a new irrigation system. I upgraded as set out in your post above. Getting a mismatch of webservice. Asking for 1.0.10 but says 1.0.9 installed. I don't know which end is complaining SBC or PC. Both ends were updated at same time. I don't seem to know how to find the versions for the web service components on any system.

Also on another post, I have been asking for assistance in connecting my original SBC to a VB.Net Clickonce app running on 64 bit windows 7 over a network connection. It has been working fine with XP for years (time flies). I have tried a myriad of things with no luck. I don't seem to be getting any help and I'm very stuck.

Thanks
Peter
spider
Phidgeteer!

Post by spider »

Additional info:

Sometimes in the error log I get:

May 11, 2013 time:getaddrinfo:N
spider
Phidgeteer!

Post by spider »

Got the SBC2 webservice updated so that's all good. Just not as intuitive for we old folks as it once was. Now I can see the new SBC2 from PhidgetManager everywhere.

What remains is the inability to connect to an SBC from Win 7 64 bit via a Clickonce VB.Net app. All libraries on all hardware are current. Have tried running as admin etc.
borisg
Phidgetly

Post by borisg »

Hi Spider:

Getting the same issue when I installed the newest 64 bit drivers on a new laptop and now can't access my SBC2 network from this machine. How did you update the SBC2 webservice? It's probably something simple but I've just setup a few sensors on SBC2's and have just been using them for the past year so my knowledge of the SBC2 is getting a bit rusty.