Upgrade SBC3 to Jessie

General PhidgetSBC Discussion.
berkinet
Phidget Mastermind

Upgrade SBC3 to Jessie

Post by berkinet »

Is it possible (i.e. will the SBC continue to function with the Phidget22 libs and Web interface) to upgrade to Debian 8 (Jessie)?

Why? Because after 2 days of trying I am still unable to install, and successfully use, pip on the SBC3. I can install a variety of Pythons from 2.6 to 3.2. But, every attempt to install pip fails. I have tried packages and downloading it directly and inevitably run into some failure. The latest is with urllib3. Since jessie supports Python3.4, and Python3.4 includes pip, that should resolve my problems.
Patrick
Lead Developer

Re: Upgrade SBC3 to Jessie

Post by Patrick »

SBC3 probably won't get any more OS updates. Jessie requires a new kernel and all the work that goes into porting and testing a new kernel for the SBC. SBC4 will be the priority for OS updates. SBC3 still receives phidgets library updates on every release.

-Patrick
berkinet
Phidget Mastermind

Re: Upgrade SBC3 to Jessie

Post by berkinet »

Oh well. In any case I ordered my first sbc4 this week. The sbc3 still works fine, though the Phidget22 network server does load it down a bit. Had I loaded Python on it while either 2.7 or 3.2 were current I would probably be fine. Just didn’t need it then.