C# API Reference Problem

C, C++, and Visual C++
RogerInHawaii

C# API Reference Problem

Postby RogerInHawaii » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:45 pm

I downloaded the C# API Reference document from the Phidgets Programming Reference page. It ends up as a folder named Phidgets21.NET with a subfolder named NETDoc (which has a number of files and subsequent subfolders). There doesn't appear to be a specific document that should be opened. It does have an Index.html file, so I figured this API might actually be a web page. So I clicked on the Index.html file, which by default opens it up on my Google Chrome browser. And it goes crazy. It looks like it's trying to open the page, and does indeed display something that looks like a listing of API function, but it keeps refreshing the page, over an over again and I have to stop the browser in order to get out of it.

I then tried opening the Index.html file using Internet Explorer and succeeds, although on the frst page it does show "[Missing <summary> documentation for "N:Phidgets"]"

So, there seems to be some problem with your html files when used under Chrome.

But my question is this: Is it indeed the Index.html file that I should be opening in order to get to see the API documentation? Or is there actually a .pdf file like most of your other documentation?

fraser
Engineering

Re: C# API Reference Problem

Postby fraser » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:32 pm

no you were using it correctly dont worry. There does appear to be a bug with it in Chrome, so we will work on getting that fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

Return to “C/C++”