Laptop Battery Charger control

C, C++, and Visual C++
dazmillion

Laptop Battery Charger control

Postby dazmillion » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:04 am

Hi, i have a Laptop (sitting on a table) and i need to control the battery charger by turning it off automatically when the laptop battery is over 90% charged and turning the laptop battery charger back on when the laptop battery has discharged to 10%. I am guessing that the relay board switch will control the mains power going to the laptop battery charger(220V) or control the power going to the laptop battery from the battery charger (19V) depending on the wiring best suited for what i need to achieve. The problem is knowing/choosing the right equipment to achieve the desired result as i am new to all this stuff. plus how do i program the relay board switch to know when the battery is at 90% or 10%, i need this to be automated as the laptop needs to be on always. The laptop is running windows XP and the relay switch needs to be a usb type. I live of grid so i need to conserve power, detailed help needed!!!!!! Thanks

crat3rs

Re: Laptop Battery Charger control

Postby crat3rs » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:30 am

I have a laptop too, and the battery is a bit weak already maybe because of a 2years of use it's easily drain. Is this relay board switch compatible to any computers, especially a laptop with a 220V?

Return to “C/C++”