Website keeps crashing

If you notice any bugs on our site, please report them here.
mesh

Website keeps crashing

Postby mesh » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:24 pm

I am working on putting together an order for some Phidgets, but the website has been going down all day.

The last time is crashed was when I was trying to check out and purchase my order. Of course, it wiped my cart and entire order.

It seems to go down pretty much any time I interact with the cart (although it has also gone down other times at random).

Any eta on a possible fix? Is there another way I can place an order?

Update : It crashed / timed out again right after I posted it. Here is the error I eventually got:

This webpage is not available.

The webpage at http://www.phidgets.com/check_out1.php might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

More information on this error
Below is the original error message

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): Unknown error.

mike

Robert

Re: Website keeps crashing

Postby Robert » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:08 am

That's not right. Could you give us some details, like operating system, and web browser you're using? Are you using any additional plugins to your web browser? Are you running through a proxy server? What country are you placing the order from?

The order page is working for lots of people, but it's possible you have some strange configuration that doesn't work.

mesh

Re: Website keeps crashing

Postby mesh » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:23 am

ok. I think I just narrowed it down. The issue seems to be with the Google Chrome browser. If I try and interact with the cart on your site in Chrome, then I get the error above.

I switched to Safari and was able to finally make my purchase (hooray!).

Here is my info:

Google Chrome
Mac 10.6.4

Im in the US. No proxy.

Hope that helps...

mike

Return to “Bug Report”