Need help for prgram 1046_0B and Load cell

Supporting Visual Studio on Windows
Melvyn966
Fresh meat

Need help for prgram 1046_0B and Load cell

Post by Melvyn966 »

Hello everyone,

I am a student in a high school in France, we have purchased a button load cell and Phidget bridge 1046_0B to make pressure tests.

I have managed to install panel and connect the bridge to my Windows 10 PC. It works fine.

I just need to get a window showing the pressure, and so get the weight on the cell load button (that is to say turn the voltage to newton and display on screen), but since I have no knowledge of programming, I’m lost with Phidget’s code sample.

Can anyone help me?

If this may help, Device serial number is 572838, Device channel it 0 and everything will be local (USB connection).

Thanks in advance for your help
Melvyn
mparadis
Site Admin

Re: Need help for prgram 1046_0B and Load cell

Post by mparadis »

There are two different problems you need to solve here:

1. Converting from mV/V to pressure or weight
Load cells provide an output of mV/V (i.e. for each volt used to power the load cell, it sends back a certain mV proportional to the amount of strain in the load cell). In order to convert this to a meaningful unit, you must calibrate the load cell with a known value. For example, if you want it to measure weight, you can place an object of known weight on the load cell and take note of the mV/V. Then measure the mV/V with no weight on the load cell. Using these two points, you can create a straight line that you can use to convert any future values to a weight. You can find a more in-depth guide of this process here.
You should recalibrate often for most accurate results.

2. Displaying the converted value on your screen
Phidgets are intended to be tools for people who don't have a lot of electronics expertise, but do have some programming knowledge. If you use our sample code, you'll get a basic program that prints the value to the screen, but it won't be converted. You'll have to modify the code to convert the value as described in the calibration guide I linked above. If you can't get our code samples running at all, try to find someone who knows programming and download the sample in the programming language that person is familiar with.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Perigas
Fresh meat

Re: Need help for prgram 1046_0B and Load cell

Post by Perigas »

Melvyn966 wrote:Hello everyone,

I am a student in a high school in France, we have purchased a button load cell and Phidget bridge 1046_0B to make pressure tests.

I have managed to install panel and connect the bridge to my Windows 10 PC. It works fine.

I just need to get a window showing the pressure, and so get the weight on the cell load button (that is to say turn the voltage to newton and display on screen), but since I have no knowledge of programming, I’m lost with Phidget’s code sample.

Can anyone help me?

If this may help, Device serial number is 572838, Device channel it 0 and everything will be local (USB connection).

Thanks in advance for your help
Melvyn
I am also interested in solving the problem. Thank you for your inquiry.