Accessing I/O inside a C# winform with phidgets?

Supporting Visual Studio on Windows
Soronemus
Phidgetsian

Accessing I/O inside a C# winform with phidgets?

Postby Soronemus » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:28 pm

Hey Guys,

I have a robot control system which uses a C# winforms GUI to send serial communications to an arduino due which contains a motion control algorithm to move a delta robot. It works great (I made it for a masters' thesis) but it only controls motion. I would like to incorporate inputs and outputs (limit switches, and stuff like that) into my GUI. That is where I think phidgets would work well for me.

Can anyone point me in the direction of tutorials/information which would allow me to directly access digital/analog inputs/outputs inside a C# code? Also what phidget hardware would I need in order to do this?

Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

mparadis
Site Admin

Re: Accessing I/O inside a C# winform with phidgets?

Postby mparadis » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:20 am

Are you hoping to use Phidgets to control the Arduino, or do you mean you want to control these extra inputs and outputs with a Phidgets board from the same program?

If it's the latter, you can simply plug in the Phidget, and then take a look at our C# sample code to learn how to open and control/read the I/O on the board. The InterfaceKit example will be relevant to this application.

The hardware required depends on your requirements. If you just need digital inputs, digital outputs, and analog inputs, the 1018_2 - PhidgetInterfaceKit 8/8/8 is the standard choice. If you want something more compact, you can get the same functionality out of the 1010_0 - PhidgetInterfaceKit 8/8/8 Mini-Format. If you don't need that many I/O ports, the 1011_0 - PhidgetInterfaceKit 2/2/2 might be what you need.

Return to “C#.NET”