Start 2 servos at the same time??

Supporting Visual Studio on Windows
didier.bravo

Start 2 servos at the same time??

Postby didier.bravo » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:39 pm

starting two servos at the same time is posible??? I have two servos conected to the ServoController but not suer if just moving one after the other will cause the servos to move at the same time?? or is it a method to specify a group of servos to start at the same time??

Patrick
Lead Developer

Re: Start 2 servos at the same time??

Postby Patrick » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:11 am

There isn't a way to start two servos at the same time - but if you set two position right after each other, the lag between the servos should be on the order of <10ms - and probably close to 1ms.

-Patrick

didier.bravo

Postby didier.bravo » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:31 am

have you tried to synchonize the calls to position the servos using Parallelism . Net?? o do you thing i'm complicating things to much.

ms is microsecs or milisecs??

what i need to do, is: start two servos at the same time but they move in oposite directions because the way they are placed in the design. enggaging the servos will cause me troubles??

Thanks

Patrick
Lead Developer

Postby Patrick » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:06 am

The servos can't be started at exactly the same time because it requires two separate USB messages. Depending on your requirements, you can decide if a 10ms delay is acceptable - considering the low accuracy of servos in general, it should be fine.

-Patrick

didier.bravo

Postby didier.bravo » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:30 am

if time is a factor on my project (I still don't konw) by using 2 ServoControlers and connecting one servo in one and the other in the second, i can achieve that? I have 2 servo controllers

Return to “C#.NET”