Any Issues with Windows 7 64-bit

Supporting Visual Studio on Windows
jonheal
Phidgetsian

Re: Any Issues with Windows 7 64-bit

Postby jonheal » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:19 am

So Minecraft (or Java behind it) is definitely the culprit. Each and every time it starts, the 0/16/16 appears to be detached. But now I see that it is not "physically" detached so much as "interrupted." Because as soon as Minecraft is ended, the 0/16/16 resumes normal operation.

I've Googled for both Minecraft and Java "interrupting" USB connections, but I've found nothing pertinent so far.

Patrick
Lead Developer

Postby Patrick » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:09 pm

It looks like it's interrupting the networking rather then USB. Is there a reason that you open via the webservice rather then directly?

-Patrick

jonheal
Phidgetsian

Postby jonheal » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:54 am

I tried opening the interface directly rather than using the web service (open(intserialnumber)). No difference. It still "disconnects" as soon as someone logs into Minecraft.

I've attached a few screenshots of the Phidget control panel. The first screenshot shows that the interface is indeed detected by Windows. The second screenshot shows what the window looks like if I double-click on the device list item while Minecraft is logged in. The third screenshot shows how the window updates the instant Minecraft is closed.

Also, the web service is more robust for me in that it better handles multiple requests for the same actions without my application throwing PhidgetException 12 (Duplicated request.) errors. This particular application is on the Internet, and while it doesn't get a huge amount of traffic, I have seen duplicate request errors if I've opened the interface directly.

If you're curious, here is the application:

http://www.theheals.org/fishcam.asp

Admittedly, the interface is horribly underutilized as I am currently using only two (but soon three :-)) of its outputs.

Maybe you could try Minecraft there at Phidgets Central to see if you get the same behavior as me. It's a free download and it doesn't even use an installer so it won't junk up your system too badly. Edit: I just checked and only the "classic" version is free, and I'm not sure it behaves the same way as the current pay version.
Attachments
Control-Panel-3.png
Control-Panel-3.png (28.83 KiB) Viewed 7696 times
Control-Panel-2.png
Control-Panel-2.png (23.67 KiB) Viewed 7696 times
Control-Panel-1.png
Control-Panel-1.png (28.48 KiB) Viewed 9236 times

Patrick
Lead Developer

Postby Patrick » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:25 am

Would you be able to post a log of activity where you open the interfacekit directly - this will show any USB-related errors.

-Patrick

Return to “VB .NET”