Precision Temperature Sensor - Connection Problems

Supporting Visual Studio on Windows
Squirrel

Precision Temperature Sensor - Connection Problems

Postby Squirrel » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:04 pm

I am having connection problems with my precision temperature sensor using the 8/8/8 board (1018); I am able to view the board and sensors in the control panel, but none of my projects (VB .NET, C++, VC++) are able to detect the sensor.
I read the 'Known Issues and Solutions' whitepaper on this site and saw that Logitech device drivers or software may cause this. However, I have never had any Logitech devices on this computer (and can't find any drivers or processes that relate to Logitech). Are there any other connection issues I should be aware of?

Edit: None of the provided sample applications provided here work either, and tempSensor.Attached is false.

Code: Select all

Public Class Temperature_Form

Dim WithEvents tempSensor As Phidgets.TemperatureSensor

Private Sub Temperature_Form_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        tempSensor = New Phidgets.TemperatureSensor
        tempSensor.open()
    End Sub

Private Sub tempSensor_TemperatureChange(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Phidgets.Events.TemperatureChangeEventArgs) Handles tempSensor.TemperatureChange
        If e.Index = 0 Then
            Temperature_Label.Text() = (e.Temperature.ToString() + " C")
        End If
    End Sub
End Class

Any thoughts?

Dev: VS2008

Patrick
Lead Developer

Re: Precision Temperature Sensor - Connection Problems

Postby Patrick » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:33 pm

You need to use the interfacekit examples - the Temperature sensor examples are for 1051 (The dedicated USB thermocouple board).

-Patrick

Squirrel

Re: Precision Temperature Sensor - Connection Problems

Postby Squirrel » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:38 pm

I was just about to remove this post because I figured that out :D But, I will keep this code for anyone that wants it:

Code: Select all

Public Class Temperature_Form

Dim WithEvents IK As Phidgets.InterfaceKit
    Dim tempValue As Double

Private Sub Temperature_Form_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        IK = New Phidgets.InterfaceKit
        IK.open()
    End Sub

Private Sub Refresh_Button_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Refresh_Button.Click
        tempValue = IK.sensors.Item(0).Value() * 0.2222 - 61.111
        Temperature_Label.Text() = (tempValue.ToString + " C")
    End Sub
End Class

Return to “VB .NET”