Need Help please and Thanks

Supporting Visual Studio on Windows
Biggermens
Phidgetsian

Need Help please and Thanks

Postby Biggermens » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:13 pm

I need Help please i am very new to VB.net Programing and i got a 8/8/8 with themp sencor

i made a small program and i got it kinda working i can get the SN# from the board what i need help it i am looking for the line of code that i can get the info from one analog input at a time ?

somthing like get info from sencor 0
and a difrent line for sencor 1 and so on

i looked at all the sample code and thay pull the info from all 8 at a time i just want the one at a time

and i no thay have programing manuals ect.. but i have a hard time reading at you can probably see from my spelling

Thanks in advance

kershaw

Re: Need Help please and Thanks

Postby kershaw » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Hi there,
This might be a case of the blind leading the blind because im a newbie to all this as well but i'll do what I can.

I was able to display the reading from a analog sensor(temp) using the sub routine below
It does a little bit more than just read the value, it also sets the sensitivity of the sensor and converts to degrees C(see user guide for temp sensor).

Sub sensor_1()
Dim temperature As Single
phidetIFK.sensors(0).Sensitivity = 2 '

temperature = ((phidgetIFK.sensors(0).Value * 0.2222) - 61.111)

TextBox1.Text = temperature.ToString()

End Sub

To call the sub simply put it into the sensorChange event handler like below
Private Sub phidgetIFK_SensorChange(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Phidgets.Events.SensorChangeEventArgs) Handles phidgetIFK.SensorChange
sensor_1()
End Sub

Hope this helps,
Keith

Biggermens
Phidgetsian

Postby Biggermens » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:43 pm

It Worked thanks now for all the other analog sencor all i have to do is change the input to the one i want and set the sencativity

would i be pushing my luck if i ask if you have the code to work the digital in and the digital out ???

Thanks Agine

kershaw

Postby kershaw » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:13 am

Hi there glad you got that working, it took me a good while to figure out. THe inputs and outputs work similarly just call the one you want directly. The snipit below uses a command button to to turn on and off an output.

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
If phidgetIFK.outputs(0) = False Then
phidgetIFK.outputs(0) = True
Else
phidgetIFK.outputs(0) = False

End If

Using inputs to turn on and off outputs is similar as shown below. I have it done in a sub and then referenced in the inputs event handler but you could put it straight in to the event handler too.
Private Sub inout1()
If phidgetIFK.inputs(0) = True Then
phidgetIFK.outputs(0) = True
ElseIf phidgetIFK.inputs(0) = False Then

phidgetIFK.outputs(0) = False
End If
End Sub

Here is the event handler
Private Sub phidgetIFK_InputChange(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Phidgets.Events.InputChangeEventArgs) Handles phidgetIFK.InputChange

keith3()

End Sub

I hope this is a help, it's hard to get up and running, I am still getting stuck with lots of stuff. My biggest problem is getting time. 30 min here and there is just not enough.

Whats your plan for the phidget? I am just playing and having fun getting it to do basic tasks at the moment but eventually I would like to do some stuff with servos and steppers, maybe make a robot arm or something like that.

Have fun and post again soon
Keith

Biggermens
Phidgetsian

Postby Biggermens » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:55 pm

Thanks a bunch i got this for fun too and wanted to make my own fule injected system for my mini bike but that is ways away

Thanks

Return to “VB .NET”