programming help / advice - vb.net newbie

Supporting Visual Studio on Windows
MrPete

programming help / advice - vb.net newbie

Postby MrPete » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:17 am

hello all,

I recently purchased the 1063 - PhidgetStepper Bipolar 1-Motor controller and have been using it with the example software downloaded from the website.

For my application I need to drive farther than the canned 20,000 target position, add a couple more zeros.

My level of experience programming is watching folks at work with VB6 (understanding a small portion of it).

So far I've downloaded VB express from the net, called up the example software to open the files, dug thru them to see where the value is to modify, modified it and tried to publish. If that would have worked I wouldn't be here.

Any words of wisdom here (other than you need to learn VB - signed up for a class to start in August).

Any help here would be appreciated.

droswell

Re: programming help / advice - vb.net newbie

Postby droswell » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:34 pm

Did the program not compile? (if not, what was the error?)

MrPete

Postby MrPete » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:40 pm

I went thru the changes, build and then publish. I saw no errors during the build. When you launch the app it draws the form but doesn't seem like it sees the controller/motor the form does not populate with the motor info and such.

I'm launching the program separately vs. the phidgets widget in the taskbar if that makes any difference.

Patrick
Lead Developer

Postby Patrick » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:11 am

Make sure that your only running one app for Phidgets at a time. You may also want to make sure that the reference to phidget21.net.dll is still good.

-Patrick

Return to “VB .NET”