Please help

Supporting Visual Studio on Windows
Duong Phan

Please help

Postby Duong Phan » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:53 pm

Hello,

I downloaded the library and found some exe file that drive my stepper motor. the thing is it make the motor goes around and around up to a certain position. Now I would like to have a program in which I can tell the motor to go from position 1 (o degree) to position 2 (180 degree from position 1) and then back to position 1 in the reverse direction. I would also like to fix the number of repetition (cycles).
Is it possible to do it with VB.net and could you please guide me through this.

Many thanks

Duong

fitchett
Site Admin

Re: Please help

Postby fitchett » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:15 pm

Go to Downloads > Windows, scroll down and grab the VB.NET examples. There is a stepper example that you can open and modify.

Chester

Duong Phan

Postby Duong Phan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:21 pm

Is it a .vb type of file? What platform do I need to open such file?

fitchett
Site Admin

Postby fitchett » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:26 pm

Most people download VB.NET Express from Microsoft.

Chester

Duong Phan

Postby Duong Phan » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:06 pm

fitchett wrote:Most people download VB.NET Express from Microsoft.

Chester

Thanks.

I got Vb express and it works. I'm trying to learn and have difficulties to write a program that will make my stepper to run as I described in my previous post. Anyway, thanks very much.

Duong Phan

Please help with the Coding

Postby Duong Phan » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:15 pm

I looked at the VB code, files and there are several files: stepper-full.vbproj, form1.vb, stepper-full.sln

Please educate me on this:

Is the file stepper-full.vbproj the one containing the code to run the stepper motor? Can I modify directly there by adding or modifying the code?

I want to change the slider by a box with fix number. For example, instead of having a slider for speed, I would like to enter a speed number like how many position in a minute.

Then I would like to have a box where I can choose the direction instead of the sliders "target position" vs "current position".

I would like also to add an initial position then another box where I can define the target intermediate position....

Please help.

fitchett
Site Admin

Postby fitchett » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:51 pm

You'll have to learn VB.NET

Chester

Return to “VB .NET”