GPS & Mono

Supporting 2.6 and up
Vkshane
Fresh meat

GPS & Mono

Post by Vkshane »

Hi.

I was hoping to get some help with a problem.

I've used Phidgets for years with zero issues until today.

I have a phidgetGPS connected to a Rasperry Pi.

the VB NET example code runs fine on my Windows PC, as does the Python code on the Raspberry Pi

However, with the VB net code on the Raspberry Pi, the GPS numbers dont seem to update very often (like once every 5 minutes) and also, the numbers are off by about a kilometer. The event seems to be firing ok, just the numbers are not changing (Latitude, Longitude etc)

I've tried The Phidgets 21 library and the 22 library. I've also eliminated hardware and my code as issues by going back to basics with the sample code. My Raspberian is up to date as is Mono and the Phidgets Library.

I hope someone smarter than me can give some advice on what to do.

Thanks.
Vkshane
Fresh meat

Re: GPS & Mono

Post by Vkshane »

Just an Update:

I have compiled the C# simple example for the GPS (as I know VB NET isn't as widely used), and note the same behavior.

Oddly, it seems only some of the figures are not updating/incorrect.

The speed and heading are reporting fine.

Shane.
egbertn
Fresh meat

Post by egbertn »

It is now 2022, Apr 12 and this is unfortunately still the case. The phidget22 .NET library only seems to target Windows environments.

sad, though, since they could port this easily. .NET Core is totally rewritten to also support Linux (including Raspi) and MacOs environments.
Patrick
Lead Developer

Post by Patrick »

The .NET library is available for .NET Core. We do have documentation for Mono on Linux, but you should be able to also use .NET Core on Linux - are you having any specific problems?

-Patrick