RFID reader wont work

Supporting 2.6 and up
youpko
Fresh meat

RFID reader wont work

Postby youpko » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:23 pm

First of all I am new here. And sorry for the stupid title.

I am fairly new to linux so please forgive me for any stupid action/questions :lol:

I have the RFID reader (1023_1) for a few weeks now, and used it successfully on my Windows machine and a Raspberry Pi (with pre installed SD card). and am very pleased with it 8)

But recently i did not have the time to mess with it. But to day I wanted to pick up where i left off with it. So I hooked the reader to my Raspberry PI and it did not work any more.
Meaning my own Java code doesn't work, as well as the examples from the wiki. it wont read the tags or see any (De)Attach events.
So i thought maybe it is broken can happen of course. so i hooked it on to my Window machine but there it does work. my own java code as well as the examples.
After that i hooked it up to the RPI again but no luck, nothing happens. thus i reinstalled linux on the RPI (i still had an image of the original SD card). Followed the install instructions on the wiki (installing libusb-dev & Phidgets libraries).
But even after that still no luck.

So i assumed the RPI doesn't see the device.
I use the 'lsusb' command to see what devices are connected. this is the output

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9512 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp.

Can somebody shed some light on this problem?

Youpko

dcex1
Fresh meat

Re: RFID reader wont work

Postby dcex1 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:54 am

Hey, I'm having the exact same issue where my RPi isn't detecting the Phidget RFID reader (1023). Did you ever find out what your issue was and resolve it??

Thank you, would really appreciate a reply :)

frodegill
Phidget Mastermind

Re: RFID reader wont work

Postby frodegill » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:58 pm

Are you using a powered USB hub? When there are problems related to RPi and Phidgets it is almost always related to the RPi not having enough power for USB devices.

Return to “Linux”