PhidgetAdvancedServo 8-Motor compatibility

Any hardware type questions or problems for all other Phidget devices.
blindsp0t_creative

PhidgetAdvancedServo 8-Motor compatibility

Post by blindsp0t_creative »

Hi there,

I'm wondering if the "PhidgetAdvancedServo 8-Motor" (1061_1) can drive those two servos :
- HS-755HB
- HS-805BB

I checked my three other servos are compatible with the card (HS-422, HS-485HB,HS-645MG), but can't find informations on those two.

Thanks in advance!
mparadis
Site Admin

Re: PhidgetAdvancedServo 8-Motor compatibility

Post by mparadis »

I took a look at the datasheets for these two servos- They are both happy with 5V supply and their PWM ranges fall within the min and max specified by the 1061, so they are compatible. You'll have to use setMinPulseWidth and setMaxPulseWidth so the library knows what signal to output for any given position.
Jokerminator
Phidgetsian

Post by Jokerminator »

Hello,

Where you got this information ?

I would like to know if the HSR-2645CR Continuous Rotation Digital Robot Servo is also compatible.

Best
Greetings
mparadis
Site Admin

Post by mparadis »

The reason you can't find min/max pulse widths for this servo is because it's a continuous rotation servo, so instead of having specific pulse widths corresponding to it's min and max position, it has one "center" pulse width that corresponds to "stopped" and anything higher or lower will result in forward or reverse rotation, respectively (at increasing speed as magnitude increases).

A quick google search tells me that the center pulse width for the HSR-2645CR is 1500 usec, which falls between the 1061's min and max pulse widths (83ns to 2.7ms)
Jokerminator
Phidgetsian

Post by Jokerminator »

Thank you for this information.

Great. So it is compatible.

Do you know any other companies that create ( powerful ) RC PWM servos beside Hitec ?

Best
Greetings