1048 4-temp sensor issues

Any hardware type questions or problems for all other Phidget devices.
berkinet
Phidget Mastermind

1048 4-temp sensor issues

Post by berkinet »

I am having two issues with a 1048 4 input temperature sensor. The 1048 is attached to a remote SBC3 and I am controlling it using the Phidgets Preference app on OS-X 10.12.4 via the Phidgets web service.

1) I can set the Sensitivity to 0.100 and it takes. That is, I can close the pane and re-open it and see the setting as I left it. But, at some point it returns to 1.000. I have sensors attached to inputs 0 & 1, and all 4 inputs are set to "K."

2) Input 3 (no input) regularly reports input exceeding potential range > 77.41mV. I do not see these errors on input 4, which is also has nothing connected.

#1 is a bother and I would like to get it fixed. #2 is just an annoyance, but causes no real damage or problems.

Any ideas most appreciated.
mparadis
Site Admin

Re: 1048 4-temp sensor issues

Post by mparadis »

Whenever a Phidget disconnects and reconnects, settings like data rate and change trigger (sensitivity) are reset to the defaults. The easiest way to force these settings to stay at a certain value is to set them in the attach handler (which you can do if you edit the C# examples, which are identical to the control panel/preference pane examples).

Intermittent disconnects are usually a symptom of power issues or electromagnetic interference. Make sure the SBC is always getting a solid 12V supply and ensure you're using shielded USB cables and try to keep them away from electrically noisy objects like motors and relays.