easy Sine wave output from analog Phidget #1002

Any hardware type questions or problems for all other Phidget devices.
lamboom
Phidgetsian

easy Sine wave output from analog Phidget #1002

Postby lamboom » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:48 pm

Looking for the simplest language to drive the #1002 analog Phidget to make good sine waves from 0.2 to 3 Hz ... then later, would like to create random sine waves (a summation of many waves to produce a random smoothly changing voltage output)

Also, Please recommend a language that could use math expressions to control the 1002 (MatLab may be outside my budget .. sigh)
Thanks...

burley
Human-Cyborg Relations

Re: easy Sine wave output from analog Phidget #1002

Postby burley » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:36 am

Any language can do it, it just depends on what you are comfortable using. What languages do you have experience with?
Brian Burley
403-282-7335 ext. 6003
support@phidgets.com

lamboom
Phidgetsian

Postby lamboom » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:38 am

Hi Brian
There's the problem .. I was real good with Fortran .. really good! .. But, that was then :-)

I can't afford MATLAB or LabVIEW .. it has to run on windows XP .. perhaps, I could hire a friend who is versatile with the language I chose .. there appears to be many users working phidgets using Python, C#, C++ .. Visual Basic...

I will need to create a window where i can input values to define the frequency and amplitude of the sine waves, and a start and stop button. (perhaps a ramping function, so the sine wave builds gently) That's about it .. for now.

I'm not totally dim.. I'm willing to learn the basics, and have a degree in engineering .. I just haven't programed anything in many-many years (there's so much out there now that just works out of the box .. software included)

Sooo... what I'm looking for is a language recommendation for "easy learning" and functionality for my project.

Thanks much, regards .. Michael

burley
Human-Cyborg Relations

Postby burley » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:16 am

I sent you an email.
Brian Burley
403-282-7335 ext. 6003
support@phidgets.com

Return to “All Other Phidgets”