Sensor sensitivity with DC Motor Controller

Any hardware type questions or problems for all other Phidget devices.
mrbencowell
Phidgetly

Sensor sensitivity with DC Motor Controller

Postby mrbencowell » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:16 pm

Hello,

I'm having some code / threading issues using a DC controller (detailed here: http://www.phidgets.com/phorum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5258). In an effort to trouble shoot I was hoping to turn down the sensitivity of my temp sensor hooked up to the DC Motor Controller .. however I can't find an option to do this .. is it possible ?

many thanks
ben

mrbencowell
Phidgetly

Re: Sensor sensitivity with DC Motor Controller

Postby mrbencowell » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:20 pm

Hello,

I'm still struggling with this problem. After a lot of debugging and asking questions on StackOverflow (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9202685/continuous-monitoring-of-data-using-backgroundworker-c), I'm pretty sure that the temperature sensor event handlers are what's stalling my background worker, if I write out to the Console I see that they coincide exactly with the gaps in the stopwatch.

So, my guess is that even though the Phidgets events are called on other threads they're still interrupting my execution far more than I expected. If I can't turn down the sensitivity of the temp sensor then I might just have to remove it from my project.

cheers
ben

fraser
Engineering

Postby fraser » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:15 am

I am assuming you are using a 1065 and an analog temp sensor(1124?). You shouldn't have to remove it, I recommend polling the temperature instead if you think the events are causing the problem.

mrbencowell
Phidgetly

Postby mrbencowell » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:33 am

Of course .. didn't think of that !

I think also the problem was me trying to create too tight a loop. I've now slowed it to 10ms rather than 1ms and everything is behaving a lot better.

Many thanks.

Return to “All Other Phidgets”