Long range RFID reader

Technical Discussion on the PhidgetRFID
Ole
Fresh meat

Long range RFID reader

Postby Ole » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:15 pm

Hi, i have implemented the RFID starter kit into my Sport Timing system with success with help from your sample VBA code :-)

Do you have any products: RFID reader and antenna for reading RFID tags from longer distanse(sport events where competitors running/bicycling over the finish line)?

If not, thank you for a very good product testing with :-)

Ole

burley
Human-Cyborg Relations

Re: Long range RFID reader

Postby burley » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:56 am

No, longer ranges isn't really feasible with 125kHz technology which is what our RFID readers use.
Brian Burley
403-282-7335 ext. 6003
support@phidgets.com

yujen
Fresh meat

Re: Long range RFID reader

Postby yujen » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:14 pm

Ole wrote:Hi, i have implemented the RFID starter kit into my Sport Timing system with success with help from your sample VBA code :-)

Do you have any products: RFID reader and antenna for reading RFID tags from longer distanse(sport events where competitors running/bicycling over the finish line)?

If not, thank you for a very good product testing with :-)

Ole

HI

well, i think this long range rfid reader (item no.:SR-RU-101Q )http://syncotek.com/product/sr_ru_101q_uhf_rfid_integrated_reader.html can match you.

SR-RU-101Q is a high performance UHF long distance rfid reader (up to 10m) based on proprietary efficient digital signal processing algorithm, it supports fast tag read/write operation with high identification rate.

hope it can help you.

Return to “RFID”