Using Adobe Flex to create Adobe AIR app, using Phidgets lib

Technical Discussion on the PhidgetRFID
RubyRails

Using Adobe Flex to create Adobe AIR app, using Phidgets lib

Postby RubyRails » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:31 pm

Hi!
I have the Flex AS3 examples, and they work fine when run in a web browser. Now, I'd like those same example apps to work when copied into a new AIR project I create in Flex.

I copied the Phidgets library into the new AIR project, just as I did for the Flex project, but I can't get it to create an AIR app. Nothing shows up when I tell it to run. I'm using the Flex Builder 3 Pro editor environment.

Has anyone gotten this library to work in a desktop AIR app? It should work the same as in a web browser-based Flex app, but I can't seem to get it to show up.

thanks for any help. this could be really useful to have Phidgets accessible from an Adobe AIR app on a PC or Mac - especially for RFID work!

Patrick
Lead Developer

Postby Patrick » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:49 am

Unfortunately, we don't have a copy of Adobe AIR, or Flex 3 - nor any experience with it. I will put this on the list of things to look at.

-Patrick

cansu82
Fresh meat

Re:

Postby cansu82 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:21 pm

Dear Patrick,
Is there any application sample for adobe air ? I converted my flash application (as3) to air application for android (apk) which use phidgets rfid but rfid isn't recognized by the application. Do you any experience about it? Do Phidgets Library files need to change in this conversiton?

Sincerely,

Cansu

Patrick wrote:Unfortunately, we don't have a copy of Adobe AIR, or Flex 3 - nor any experience with it. I will put this on the list of things to look at.

-Patrick

Return to “RFID”