Bluetooth + RFID

Technical Discussion on the PhidgetRFID
deepesh

Bluetooth + RFID

Postby deepesh » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:12 am

I am a bit new to rfid, but me and some of my friends have started a project on making an rfid based keyboard. But the problem is that we have two options either we use a close proxiity reader ie reading range of less than 10mm and interface it with a bluetooth device.

and the second is we use a long range rfid reader in which we can mask and unmask an rfid tag on key press.

The problem that we are having are:
1. We are not able to find a rfid rader with bluetooth capability.... there are some but they are either too costly or are too bulky.

2. Secondly close proximity readers are hard to find and we need the entire device ie bluetooth + reader combined, to be very small and light.

3. If we use the second technique of masking and unmasking a rfid tag on key press..... we dont know how to do that.

We have been searching internet local markets for the past 1.5 months but no luck as of yet.

Please can somebody help us.

Thanks in advance
Deepesh

Patrick
Lead Developer

Postby Patrick » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:39 am

Just wondering... why would you make an RFID based keyboard? If you are using bluetooth anyways, why not make a bluetooth keyboard?

-Patrick

deepesh

Postby deepesh » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:30 am

We are just trying for something unique.... actually if apply this idea to cellphones and pda's we can have a common keyboard for everything and plus if we use the other idea of a power less keyboard that we be a revelation.... atleast i think so.

So please help us.

fitchett
Site Admin

Postby fitchett » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:03 am

The Phidgets product line would not be of use to your project.

Apologies,

Chester

danzman
Fresh meat

Postby danzman » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:59 pm

I have discussed about an active rfid that I hooked up to a computer via bluetooth. I wrote a short program in Delphi and C# to demonstrate the workings of the module.

The rfid transmitter/receiver is from www.ananiahelectronics.com (serial version) and bluetooth firefly from www.gridconnect.com

These items are not expensive. Hope this helps.

kurtlosangeles

Re: Bluetooth + RFID

Postby kurtlosangeles » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:42 pm

I am looking for someone who could help me in programming software that can read and write from and to Bluetooth RFID and mobile devices. It is video game related, here is our website.

http://www.fancyturnip.com

Please contact me if you can help.

Return to “RFID”