Introduction - Gene Hunt

Rassilon

Introduction - Gene Hunt

Postby Rassilon » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:20 am

Hi first post etc, ex-pat Brit living in Okotoks (not a cop).

Been out of actual electronics for a few years, still in IT & found this site while looking for methods of motorising certain parts of my own project.

Without further ado I present Gene(sis) Hunt, hes a MKIII Dalek replica prop from the BBC TV series Doctor Who (Genesis of the Daleks - 1975), he's currently under construction in my garage.

The plan is to have him operated internally, water cannon, USB webcam mounted in the eyestalk (with a host of other features), motorised dome & eyestalk. The actual driving\power source is going to be a powered wheelchair.

Mainly hes' going to be operated from the inside, with a tablet PC using USB modules to drive the motors, read the sensors, though it might be possible to VNC in over a WiFi connection if he's static as I don't fancy being sat in him all day, while hopefully raising money for childrens's charity events (Foothills SNAPS).

Thats about it for now, will be lurking in the forums as & when required
Attachments
Genie6.jpg
Completed Replica Build - ThalSpys Genie You can watch it in operation on YouTube
Genie6.jpg (70.36 KiB) Viewed 2772 times
Genie1.jpg
Completed Replica Build - ThalSpys Genie You can watch it in operation on YouTube
Genie1.jpg (79.96 KiB) Viewed 2772 times
Low Profile Dome Lights2.JPG
Gene Hunt - Dome & Neck Section under construction.
Low Profile Dome Lights2.JPG (99.41 KiB) Viewed 2772 times

Return to “Robotics”