The Phidgets' SBC Tank

pythoncoder
Phidget Mastermind

Re: The Phidgets' SBC Tank

Postby pythoncoder » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:05 am

That tank is very impressive, it looks like great fun!

A suggestion: how about another "How are you using your Phidgets" topic for projects which don't fit into your standard categories? I was thinking of posting details of my latest project (a clock showing phases of the moon along with rise and set times) but there seemed to be nowhere sensible to post it.

With the SBC I can envisage a lot of projects which don't fit the traditional types.

Regards, Pete

Robert

Postby Robert » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:02 am

pythoncoder wrote:A suggestion: how about another "How are you using your Phidgets" topic for projects which don't fit into your standard categories? I was thinking of posting details of my latest project (a clock showing phases of the moon along with rise and set times) but there seemed to be nowhere sensible to post it.

That's a good idea.

Forum created now :)

Capricorn
Phidgetly

Postby Capricorn » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:11 pm

Robert that is very well done, very neat and tidy too. (I hope you get a discount on all the phidgets :lol: !

Interesting coincidence, that tank, the M5 Stuart, or a version of it was the first tank to have gyro stabilized gun mount. I think that phidgets could be used to accomplish that. In fact I would like to see phidget stabilized platform for cameras as well, can you describe how you would do that? Cap

Robert

Postby Robert » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:42 am

Capricorn wrote:I think that phidgets could be used to accomplish that. In fact I would like to see phidget stabilized platform for cameras as well, can you describe how you would do that? Cap

Yeah, just wait. There's a new product being built right now that will work great for that.

javajeff972

Postby javajeff972 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:13 pm

Robert,

I am very interested in the charging setup for the tank. Is there any chance to get a description of how you built the charging station? Did you use LED's? Do you have a proxity detector on the tank that indicates when it is within range of the charger and then the distance sensor takes over to guide it in?

Thanks,
Jeff

Robert

Postby Robert » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:22 pm

I just manually drive it into the charging station.

tgreaves

Postby tgreaves » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:54 pm

Hate to bring this thread back from the dead but I have a few questions beings this is just like a project that im working on right now..

If you can remember, what scale is the tank?

Was there more things in the tank body that you removed to put the electronics in, or is there really just that much room in there?

Any idea what the tank cost you? I assume that its just a basic rc kids toy tank..

Right not im using a Tamiya tracked chassis with a 1060 motor controller and small motors.. The electronics that im adding(webcam, sbc, ect) are overwelming the little chassis..

fransbosman
Phidgetsian

Postby fransbosman » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:41 pm

Hi guys, looks great this tank. I am startging to setup something similar for my battle ship.
Maybe a stupid question, but for setting up the ad-hoc mode the SBC needs to be connected to the PC with the ethernet cable right?
I have not tried this yet, just want to check.

Return to “Robotics”