Phidget Internet Lamp

Semicton

Phidget Internet Lamp

Postby Semicton » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:25 pm

Not sure if this fits into this project display forum but I don't know where i can post it and I want to share. I've made a fun little project over a weekend that allows people to turn my desktop lamp on over the web.

This is a module I created in C# using Sockets and TCP. Pressing the button will turn on my house lamp from any where in the world. There are four parts to this application:

• A client service installed on my local PC uploads and stores my IP address to a SQL server on da' net.
  • If the client service notices it's IP has changed, It updates the database.
  • A socket server app controlling phidgets and accepting TCP connections. On my desktop PC
  • A client on my web page. The client queries the database for my local IP address first, and then creates a connection to my desktop.
  • The client on my web page then sends a command to my socket server on my desktop.
  • I parse the command and then turn on my desktop lamp with a phidget duel relay board.

If you get a message that says the phidget lamp is unavailable, it means my desktop is not turned on.
Phidgets are fun! :lol:

http://www.semicton.com/SandBox/PhidgetInternetLamp/tabid/56/Default.aspx

amdmclaren
Phidgetsian

Re: Phidget Internet Lamp

Postby amdmclaren » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:10 am

hi;
i wrote on your blog also. i really need your help. i have a similar project. Can u help me please?

Return to “Robotics”