This is a module I created in C# using Sockets and TCP. Pressing the button will turn on my house lamp from any where in the world. There are four parts to this application:
- A client service installed on my local PC uploads and stores my IP address to a SQL server on da' net.
- If the client service notices it's IP has changed, It updates the database.
- A socket server app controlling phidgets and accepting TCP connections. On my desktop PC
- A client on my web page. The client queries the database for my local IP address first, and then creates a connection to my desktop.
- The client on my web page then sends a command to my socket server on my desktop.
- I parse the command and then turn on my desktop lamp with a phidget duel relay board.
If you get a message that says the phidget lamp is unavailable, it means my desktop is not turned on.
Phidgets are fun!