Microsoft Robotics Studio 1.0

khayash

Microsoft Robotics Studio 1.0

Postby khayash » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:39 pm

Does anyone have examples or an FAQ on the use of MSFT's Robotics Studio to communicate with a Phidgets Interface board?

I have been unable to locate a "how to" or FAQ document that walks the user through the configuration steps required to pass data from the phidgets board to a variable in the Microsoft Robotics Studio Visual programming language.

Specifically, I do not understand how to read a sensor's port, attach (or detachment) state, or pass the value to a variable within MRS 1.0's Visual Programming Language.

Are there any examples on the site?

gtdixon
Phidgetsian

Postby gtdixon » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:31 am

I have exactly the same difficulties are as khayash.
Best 'how to' configuration walk-through on Microsoft Robotics Studio I can find is on the parallax site for controlling a boe-bot robot. This helps a little but I am still struggling to find out how to pass data from the phidgets board to visual studio.

onyour6

Postby onyour6 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:50 am

we are all in the same boat ... start off w/ the Hello world tutorial and work your way up (by doing each tutorial it will help you understand HOW IT WORKS, i am making some headway with it, after i get the hang of all aspects of it i will post what i have done with it. got it to work w/ my Text LCD w/ a joystick sensor. I am tring to figure out if/how to use my RFID ? if i can use some generic sensor or not?

HiVolume.com
Phidgetly

Re: Microsoft Robotics Studio 1.0

Postby HiVolume.com » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:24 pm

brandiex wrote:How can I hook up a windshield washer fluid reservoir as a water tank for my robot? I'm making a robot to wash ping pong balls, and I'm unsure on how to hook up the reservoir as a tank and how to actually pump the water through the robot. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Automotive windshield washer pumps run on 12V. Should be fairly simple to use one of those, along with a "low fluid level sensor". Both can easily be interfaced by Phidgets.

Return to “Robotics”