Need PID position control example for 1065 DC Controller

Supporting Labview 2012 and up
ta2mzl
Fresh meat

Need PID position control example for 1065 DC Controller

Postby ta2mzl » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi,

I've a 1065 controller with encoder and a motor.

Does anybody have PID position control example for 1065.

I would like to control motor position by PID control.

Thanks for help.

mparadis
Site Admin

Re: Need PID position control example for 1065 DC Controller

Postby mparadis » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:09 am

While we don't have a Labview example for PID control, the following application note explains how to build a simple PID loop: DC Motor - PID Control. There is a sample program in Visual C# and enough pseudocode to provide a starting point.

gpat
Fresh meat

Re: Need PID position control example for 1065 DC Controller

Postby gpat » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:34 am

I am posting a fully working example of phidgets 1065 in c#. Its a telescope 6 position filter wheel.
Its a fully working example with photos etc.
A problem I have is now the movement to zero or close to zero, it just makes a vibration for several seconds. All other positions seem OK.

Also the Hall sensor is set with tape. i will need a permanent position. But its fully working. The hall sensor is connected to digital input 0.
The <Counts CALC?> button tells the system to measure the total counts of a full rotation from Hall to Hall again. I found an average of 64100 encoder counts. From this I find the gear ratio of the system since my MOTOR/ENCODER has 360PPR encoder

My aim is now to write an ASCOM driver to be compatible with MAXIM DL.
Any recommendations are helpful for this since I have never done that before

I have set the window (positioning acceptable error) to 2 pulses of encoder. This makes a maximum positioning error of 0.011degs on my filter wheel.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6ZEQxxp5NzvflBvSGo4UkNEWkZ6Qjh2Z1c4OGNVSF9Dd3Q5X2JZV09nNUhZcGJTMld6eEk&usp=sharing

Return to “Labview”