Delay problem

Supporting Labview 2012 and up
Co0ki3
Phidgetsian

Delay problem

Postby Co0ki3 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:58 pm

Hi there,

I made a Labview vibration analyser to use with 2 phidgets at the same time, everything works as intended, I was testing the program and it was working as intended, then after some time a delay emerged and that delay was increasing in time, the graphs started to show data that had happened 30 seconds to 1 min before. Since I already knew how to make the program my teacher suggested to me that I should make a new one and try to find what was wrong, which I did and everything was fine for some time without me finding the problem(it just worked well), I had zero delay, but then after an hour the delay showed up again, starting from a few seconds delay and increasing.
I have no idea why this happens specially because I don't save the program and when I start it again the delay is there from the start, makes no sense to me.
Any help would be awesome, I send the files required as an attachment.

João Pereira.
Attachments
labview.rar
(4.94 MiB) Downloaded 217 times

Co0ki3
Phidgetsian

Re: Delay problem

Postby Co0ki3 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Hi again,

After wasting a lot of my time and some of your time also trying to solve the program and the delay, I did a test on the raw example provided by the Phidget website, I left the original program running for just 1 sensor for less than an hour, when i came back to it, the program had delay..... So I made everything starting already on a faulty program that had already that delay problem.... I was so mad but I have to solve this! So i searched for other options and i found an older version of the program no longer provided by the manufacturer, I tested it out and after 2 whole hours the delay was no there on this older version. So now I'm working on that one but i found another problem that I am not able to solve, I can't make it work for 2 sensors at the same time in paralel. The data from both sensors is sent together to both graphs.

I know this is my mistake I think, somehow the graphs are calling the data from both sensors when I want it to be separated, one graph showing for 1 sensor and the other one showing the data from the other sensor. Something about the net ref number or something like that. Again I suck in LabVIEW even after learning a lot by trying to do things by myself I cant solve this either. So I am here again asking for your help sadly, but hopefully someone will help me out

I cleaned up the block diagram, and upload the files in the attachments, the pictures and the VI's.

Please Help me. I really need it!

Best Regards and Merry Christmas,

João Pereira
Attachments
Spatial .NET Event Driven Example Labview 8.6 - Copy.rar
(151.68 KiB) Downloaded 217 times

Co0ki3
Phidgetsian

Postby Co0ki3 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:01 am

bump.

Co0ki3
Phidgetsian

Postby Co0ki3 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:56 pm

Common guys, I should be getting a bit more help from the manufactures of the sensors that I am using than from the National Instruments LabVIEW enthusiasts, they are being a lot more helpful that's for sure, but still it's not solved! The other thread can be seen here : http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Delay-p ... -p/2631639

Please help me out guys!
Best regards and happy holidays,
João Pereira.

Patrick
Lead Developer

Postby Patrick » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:00 pm

Sorry - just got back from Christmas break today.

Using 2 different Spatials, both with events does have some issues. This is discussed here, with solution: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6408

You may want to consider moving to a polling rather then event driven approach - but whether this will work for you depends on if you are using the timestamp returned in the event data. Either approach can be made to work - but polling may be simpler.

-Patrick

Return to “Labview”