Event problem, 2 phidgets at the same time

Supporting Labview 2012 and up
Co0ki3
Phidgetsian

Event problem, 2 phidgets at the same time

Postby Co0ki3 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:37 pm

Hi there,

Currently I am making a Vibration Analyser to measure transmissibility between 2 masses, therefore i need to measure both masses at the same time with 2 phidgets at the same time. My problem is, when I use only one phidget at a time the program identifies it correctly and measures it just fine, I am using 2 different phidgets, the 1056 and the 1049. But when I plug both at the same time only one event is on, it identifies both but the graphs are not working properly for some reason, and I think its because of the event. I am not very good at Labview, I only made one simple program before so my experience is not very vast.

Would appreciate some help from u guys.
Best Regards.
João Pereira
Attachments
Joaov7.rar
Hope it doesn't need subvis
(61.07 KiB) Downloaded 258 times

Co0ki3
Phidgetsian

Re: Event problem, 2 phidgets at the same time

Postby Co0ki3 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:30 am

Wanted to Bump this topic and put a picture of the block diagram, I started to work on one of the examples provided here http://www.phidgets.com/documentation/w ... andler.htm . My problem is still the same, I tried many different things to try to resolve this but like I said my understanding of Labview is basic and would appreciate some help from you.

Best regards,
João Pereira.
Attachments
Joaov7.png

Co0ki3
Phidgetsian

Postby Co0ki3 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:56 am

PLZ HELP MEEEEEEEEEE :(

Co0ki3
Phidgetsian

Postby Co0ki3 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:02 am

Bump can anyone please try to help me? I think the problem is in the event but I don't know how to fix it.

Would really appreciate some help. Any input would be very nice.

Co0ki3
Phidgetsian

Postby Co0ki3 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:51 am

I'm quoting a trusted enthusiast from the National Instruments Forum:

"Nothing immediately catches my eye. Granted, I haven't looked at it for long at all. The only thing I can think of at this moment is if the DLL can only handle a single device at a time. I would recommend contacting the manufacturer about this to get more details of how the DLL works."

would appreciate if u could send me it.

Co0ki3
Phidgetsian

Postby Co0ki3 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:33 am

I feel I have to add this information, I tried the Multiple control example (Parallel).vi and it gives me an error 7013, Given timeout has been exceeded. And this happens with most of the examples. But it does work on the one I'm working, until I plug both phidgets at the same time.

João Pereira

erik
King of the Lab

Postby erik » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:30 pm

Hello,

This is a known issue using events with devices that have the same object type and same event type (the 1049 and the 1056 are both PhidgetSpatial objects). This issue is briefly mentioned on the LabVIEW Programming Support Page.

Instead of using events, we suggest polling the devices instead when using multiple of the same object type.

burley
Human-Cyborg Relations

Postby burley » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:12 am

Alternatively to get around this you would need to copy DEVICENAMEEventCreate.vi, then change the name of the cluster in it from Event to something else (your choice), change the name of the .vi to something else and then use those two subVIs in your program. You would need to repeat this for each subsequent event of the same type you wish to have.

This will effectively give you different events of the same type. This is an ugly solution but it will work.
Brian Burley
403-282-7335 ext. 6003
support@phidgets.com

Co0ki3
Phidgetsian

Postby Co0ki3 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:39 am

burley wrote:Alternatively to get around this you would need to copy DEVICENAMEEventCreate.vi, then change the name of the cluster in it from Event to something else (your choice), change the name of the .vi to something else and then use those two subVIs in your program. You would need to repeat this for each subsequent event of the same type you wish to have.

This will effectively give you different events of the same type. This is an ugly solution but it will work.

Phidget Support gave me the solution, and from what u said and email I got I believe it was you Brian, thank you I'm very grateful for this!

I quote:

This appears to be a quirk in the way that LabVIEW handles passing pointers to C. The pointer is identical in the case where two events of the same type are passed from a single function. This causes the events to output to the same event. To get around this you would need to copy SpatialEventCreate.vi, then change the name of the cluster in it from Event to something else (your choice), change the name of the .vi to something else and then use those two subVIs in your program. You would need to repeat this for each subsequent event of the same type you wish to have.

I did as you said and it worked! At least for now!

Thx for the help here guys:)

Best regards,

João Pereira

Co0ki3
Phidgetsian

Postby Co0ki3 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:37 pm

Hey guys its me again with a different problem, is there anyway to know the time it takes to get 1000 points of data? I know that the program I made gets a maximum of 1000 points and makes a graph with those 1000 points, updating them every time, so the maximum sample size is 1000 points, but what I want to know is how long does the phidget takes to get that data.
I run the program with a timer on it, when it finally gets to the 1000 value the timer says 8 seconds but I want to be more exact and be sure of this time. The data rate is 32ms which I don't think it corresponds to the 8 seconds.

I'm uploading the file here as well.
The rest of the files needed were upload on the same topic.

Any help would be awesome.
Attachments
newv5.rar
(267.1 KiB) Downloaded 233 times

Return to “Labview”