Unable to install libraries - error message claiming damaged or incomplete application

Supporting 10.7 and up
klu
Fresh meat

Unable to install libraries - error message claiming damaged or incomplete application

Post by klu »

Hi!
I am experiencing trouble when trying to download the software needed for this card: https://www.phidgets.com/?tier=3&prodid=0
I am following the directions on how to install the libraries, and the problems occur when I try to do the step of verifying that the libraries are working properly by launching the "Phidget Control Panel"-application. I get the following error message when trying to launch the application: "You can’t open the application “Phidget Control Panel” because it may be damaged or incomplete." I have made sure that the "security and privacy"-settings have ben set to "allow apps downloaded from anywhere", but I still can't open the application properly. I have also spent an undefined number of hours googling and trying to make things work, but so far nothing I have tried has fixed the problem. I am working on a Macbook Pro 2015, with the OS macOS High Sierra. Has anyone had a similar problem? What did you do to fix it?
Thanks in advance for any answers, I really appreciate any help I can get.
berkinet
Phidget Mastermind

Re: Unable to install libraries - error message claiming damaged or incomplete application

Post by berkinet »

Same problem Macmini 10.13.3.

Additional info...
  • After finishing the install, the application icon is grayed out. After a restart it appears as normal.
  • Manually deleting all of the installed files, restarting, and performing a clean new install, does not fix the problem.
  • No obvious messages are logged to the console and no crash report is created.
NOTE: Going back to Phidget22_1.0.0.20170626 has temporarily resolved the problem. I have not tested to see which version introduced the problem. If I get more information I will post a followup.
Patrick
Lead Developer

Re: Unable to install libraries - error message claiming damaged or incomplete application

Post by Patrick »

Fixed and released to the website. Sorry about this.

-Patrick
berkinet
Phidget Mastermind

Post by berkinet »

Much better. Thanks Patrick.