macOS Monterey Support for Phidget22 API libraries

Supporting 10.7 and up
srosemer
Fresh meat

macOS Monterey Support for Phidget22 API libraries

Post by srosemer »

Hello,

I installed Phidget22 and Phidget22Extra frameworks (and I see them in the /system/library/frameworks folder as well as in the application directory for the Phidget Control Panel. I also see a Phidget kext file in the extensions folder (although I don't know if that's a depreciated file or something that is still in use today). What I don't know is whether or not they are visible to other applications (e.g., Artisan Scope) that depend on these API frameworks (Artisan doesn't seem to be interfacing with the libraries). How do I check the installation of these libraries to know whether or not they are configured correctly and accessible by applications on Monterey? (I'm running Monterey 12.3.1)?

Many thanks,
Steve
Patrick
Lead Developer

Re: macOS Monterey Support for Phidget22 API libraries

Post by Patrick »

After you've installed, run the Phidget control panel from /Applications - if you can open and interact with Phidgets, everything is working properly. The biggest thing you need to make sure to do after installing, is to authorize the kext in System Preferences.

Third party applications have the option of either referencing the framework from /Library/Frameworks, or embedding the Library in their app bundle directly - I'm not sure what Artisan does.

The kext is used for most Phidgets - some newer ones, such as 1048_1, 1048_2, HUB0001_0 don't need the kext anymore.

-Patrick
hogholley
Fresh meat

Re: macOS Monterey Support for Phidget22 API libraries

Post by hogholley »

Hello -

Looking through sessions and came across this for potential support. My Phidget just started not recognizing. I have a new Macbook running OS Monterey 12.2.1. It has worked since getting this computer, but just in the last couple days stopped. I can't think of anything I did that would have triggered it, but any troubleshooting help would be appreciated. Running Cropster with it. Thanks.

- Matt