|1070_0 - PhidgetSBC - Discontinued|
- Fully functional single board computer running Linux with Java and C libraries. You can compile your own programs or customize the OS, and run it on the onboard memory.
- Easy to use configuration interface.
- 4 USB full-speed ports with built in support for web cameras and Phidget USB devices.
- Integrated PhidgetInterfaceKit 8/8/8.
- Ethernet port and included USB Wireless networking adapter. Remotely use attached Phidgets from another computer anywhere over the network.
Replaced by the 1072 – PhidgetSBC2.
The PhidgetSBC is a fully functional Single Board Computer with an integrated PhidgetInterfaceKit 8/8/8. At its most basic, it can be thought of as a Phidget that you connect using a network cable instead of directly to the USB. The PhidgetSBC also provides four USB full-speed ports that allow you to use normal USB Phidgets over its network connection. This can extend the effective range of a Phidget from USB’s maximum of 15 feet, to anywhere that your network reaches.
The PhidgetSBC exposes an easy to use interface for setting up and running custom applications on-board, written in either Java or C. This allows the PhidgetSBC to operate autonomously, without the need for a graphical interface or a remote connection at all times.
For more advanced users, the PhidgetSBC is an embedded computer that runs a custom Linux Distribution, built using Buildroot. We provide full shell access via a built-in SSH server, full GCC and development tools, the GDB debugger, and all of the standard command line tools expected on a modern Linux system. This allows for on-board development in C, and full access to the system for customizing.
An integrated PhidgetInterfaceKit 8/8/8 allows you to connect devices to any of 8 analog inputs, 8 digital inputs and 8 digital outputs. It provides a generic, convenient way to interface your PC and PhidgetSBC with a wide variety of devices and it operates exactly the same way as an external PhidgetInterfaceKit.
|Boot Time||30 - 60 Seconds|
|USB||4-Port Full Speed|
|Power Consumption||1.2 watt base /w Ethernet|
|Per additional USB device*||2.5 watt Max|
|Wireless USB Dongle||802.11b/g|
* (including the PhidgetInterfaceKit)
Operating System: Custom Linux Distro, built using Buildroot
Programming Languages (APIs): C/C++, Java
- Power Supply
- Cat-5e network cable
- A Hardware mounting kit (4 nuts and bolts, 4 plastic spacers)
- An 802.11b/g USB Wireless adapter
- A USB extender cable
Latest Firmware Downloads (changelog):
When controlling the PhidgetSBC remotely, you can use any Phidgets supported operating systems and languages and you can look at the following code samples that are demonstrating the SBC's PhidgetInterfaceKit functionality.