|1059_0 - PhidgetAccelerometer 3-Axis - Discontinued|
- Measures ±3 gravities (± 29.4m/s2) change per axis
- Measure both dynamic acceleration (vibration) and static acceleration (gravity or tilt)
- Connects directly to a computer’s USB port
Replaced by the 1043 – PhidgetSpatial Precision 0/0/3
The PhidgetAccelerometer 3-Axis is a three axis accelerometer that measures ±3 gravities (± 29.4m/s2) change per axis. It measures both dynamic acceleration (vibration) and static acceleration (gravity or tilt).
The module is calibrated at the factory and comes ready to use.
The PhidgetAccelerometer can be used in a large variety of applications and projects such as:
- Sensing tilt in remotely operated vehicles.
- Capturing motion input for gaming.
- Capturing motion input for Human Interface Research.
- Capturing long term vibration data to help with the analysis of machinery performance.
- Detecting movement or presence by measuring structural vibration.
|Update Rate||60 samples/second|
|Measurement Range (XYZ Axis)||±3G (29.4 m/s2)|
|Bandwidth (XYZ Axis)||30Hz|
|Axis 0 Noise Level (X Axis)||1.9mG Standard Deviation (σ)|
|Axis 1 Noise Level (Y Axis)||1.9mG Standard Deviation (σ)|
|Axis 2 Noise Level (Z Axis)||2.9mG Standard Deviation (σ)|
|Device Quiescent Current Consumption||20mA|
|Device Active Current Consumption||20mA max|
|Operating Temperature||0 - 70°C|
Comes packaged with
- A 3016 - 120cm Custom USB Cable
- A Hardware mounting kit (4 nuts and bolts, 4 plastic spacers)
If you need better accuracy, especially for calculating tilt, you should consider:
The 1049 is a 3-Axis, 5g Accelerometer; it allows variable data rates with a noise level of 2000µg standard deviation at 128 samples/second.