|1057_2 - PhidgetEncoder HighSpeed|
- Connects to any typical two-bit optical encoder.
- Returns up to 2,000,000 pulses per second.
- Can be used as an accurate human input device.
- Connects directly to a computer’s USB port.
The PhidgetEncoder HighSpeed connects to any typical two-bit optical encoder and can return up to 2,000,000 pulses (that is, 500,000 full quadrature cycles) per second. Specifically it reads a standard incremental non-differential TTL encoder.
The 1057 can be used to measure shaft speed or as a very accurate human input device. If you just need a simple human input device have a look at the 1052- PhidgetEncoder.
With it you can:
- Detect changes in incremental position
- Easily track changes with respect to time
If you need an encoder have a look at our:
|Number of Encoder Inputs||1|
|Count Rate Max||2E+06 pulses/s|
|Encoder Interface Resolution||x4|
|Update Rate||125 samples/s|
|Time Resolution||1 ms|
|Encoder Input Low Voltage Max||800 mV DC|
|Encoder Input High Voltage Min||3.6 V DC|
|Encoder Pull-up Resistance||2.2 kΩ|
|USB Speed||Low Speed|
|Current Consumption Max||100 mA|
|Current Consumption Min||20 mA|
|USB Voltage Min||4.8 V DC|
|USB Voltage Max||5.3 V DC|
|Operating Temperature Min||0 °C|
|Operating Temperature Max||70 °C|
- A 3018 - Mini-USB Cable 180cm
- A 3019 - HighSpeed Encoder Cable 50cm
- A Hardware mounting kit (4 nuts and bolts, 4 plastic spacers)
You can protect your board by purchasing the 3815 - Acrylic Enclosure for the 1057.