|1040_0 - PhidgetGPS|
- Provides Position, Velocity and Direction
- Position Accuracy of 2.5m CEP (best case)
- Battery Life (fully charged): 1 month
- Connects directly to a computer's USB Port
The Phidget GPS provides the longitude and latitude of the board's position in signed decimal degree format. The position accuracy (best case) is 2.5m CEP (Circular Error of Probability).
The 1040 also provides altitude, heading and velocity as well as the time and date. It will also let you know when it has a satellite fix.
The PhidgetGPS has a 3V rechargeable lithium battery to provide "hot starts" by remembering its previous positions. With a live battery, the 1040 can perform a signal re-acquisition in less than 1 second. The battery provides up to 1 month of operation before having to be recharged. Recharging an empty battery takes 24 hours.
|Position Data Format||Signed Decimal Degree|
|Circular Error Probable (Best Case)||2.5 m|
|Velocity Error Max||100 mm/s|
|Timing Error Max||300 ns|
|Altitude Max||18 km|
|Velocity Max||515 m/s|
|Tracking Sensitivity||-161 dBm|
|Re-acquisition Time (Hot Start)||1 s|
|Update Rate||10 samples/s|
|USB Voltage Min||4.4 V DC|
|USB Voltage Max||5.3 V DC|
|Current Consumption Max||50 mA|
|Backup Battery Life||1 months|
|Battery Charge Time||24 h|
|USB Speed||Full Speed|
|Operating Temperature Min||0 °C|
|Operating Temperature Max||70 °C|
The PhidgetGPS can be a valuable complement to the following two products:
- 1056 - PhidgetSpatial 3/3/3 - Accelerometer/ Gyroscope/ Accelerometer 5G
- 1049 - PhidgetSpatial 0/0/3 - Accelerometer 5G
The 1040 has been designed to easily mount on top of the 1056 and the 1049 using the mounting hardware included with the product.
- A 3018 - Mini-USB Cable 180cm
- An external active GPS antenna
- A hardware mounting kit (4 nuts and bolts and 4 plastic spacers)
You can protect your board by purchasing the 3806 - Acrylic Enclosure for the 1040 .