Products for USB Sensing and Control
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:31 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:16 pm 
Phidgetly

Hello,

I'm having some code / threading issues using a DC controller (detailed here: http://www.phidgets.com/phorum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5258). In an effort to trouble shoot I was hoping to turn down the sensitivity of my temp sensor hooked up to the DC Motor Controller .. however I can't find an option to do this .. is it possible ?

many thanks
ben

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:20 pm 
Phidgetly

Hello,

I'm still struggling with this problem. After a lot of debugging and asking questions on StackOverflow (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9202685/continuous-monitoring-of-data-using-backgroundworker-c), I'm pretty sure that the temperature sensor event handlers are what's stalling my background worker, if I write out to the Console I see that they coincide exactly with the gaps in the stopwatch.

So, my guess is that even though the Phidgets events are called on other threads they're still interrupting my execution far more than I expected. If I can't turn down the sensitivity of the temp sensor then I might just have to remove it from my project.

cheers
ben

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:15 am 
Engineering

I am assuming you are using a 1065 and an analog temp sensor(1124?). You shouldn't have to remove it, I recommend polling the temperature instead if you think the events are causing the problem.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:33 am 
Phidgetly

Of course .. didn't think of that !

I think also the problem was me trying to create too tight a loop. I've now slowed it to 10ms rather than 1ms and everything is behaving a lot better.

Many thanks.