Products for USB Sensing and Control
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:45 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Flash connection problem
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:54 am 
Hi! I installed the Phidgets driver, web service is running and Phidgets are working when I turn on/off outputs in the web service.

But, if I write a Flash program, the Phidget won't attach to Flash. I tried restarting, turning off the firewall. The com directory is in place. Nothing.

Does anyone here have a suggestion? Thanks! Daan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:52 am 
Hi, when I run a Flash CS4 program, I get the following error:

[ Phidget Event: disconnect ]
Error #2044: Unhandled securityError:. text=Error #2048: Security sandbox violation: file:///c|/PDE/H2.1/Phidgets/Les/Flash/Interfacekit%2Dfull%20CS4.swf cannot load data from localhost:5001.
at com.phidgets::PhidgetSocket()
at com.phidgets::Phidget/open()
at Interfacekit_fla::MainTimeline/frame1()

Can anybody help?

Thanks, Daan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:38 pm 
I've been having the same problem. I think there is version miss match between the new web server and the Phidget SWC. When I run the phidget web server manually in verbose mode,

/usr/bin/phidgetwebservice21 -v

I get an error message when my AIR program tries to connect. It complains about a mismatch between the versions in the client and server.

When I used the Phidget version Phidget_2.1.6.20100115.dmg, it works. With Phidget_2.1.6.2010310.dmg there are problems.

I suspect the web service code has changed, but the Phidget SWC has not been updated to work with the new server.

Try installing an Phidget_2.1.6.20100115.dmg.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:48 am 
Hi, thanks for the reply. I installed all kinds of old drivers, but no luck, it still doesn't work...

Daan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:52 am 
Lead Developer

You need to add the path to your global security settings - have a look and the flash getting started guide.

-Patrick

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:33 am 
patrick wrote:
You need to add the path to your global security settings - have a look and the flash getting started guide.

-Patrick

Hi, thanks for the reply. I did that - no luck...

Daan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:49 am 
Lead Developer

If you enable debug output for the webservice in the Phidget control panel, do you get any messages when trying to run the Flash app?

I noticed it lists the disconnect event - do you ever get connect/attach events? You are making sure that the Phidget isn't opened by another program when trying to open in Flash?

You should be able to catch and deal with the security exception. Can you determine from where the exception is originating?

-Patrick

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:41 am 
Hi, I get no messages at all when enabling the output. I don't get any connect or attach events. The Phidgets isn't opened by any other program...

Daan

patrick wrote:
If you enable debug output for the webservice in the Phidget control panel, do you get any messages when trying to run the Flash app?

I noticed it lists the disconnect event - do you ever get connect/attach events? You are making sure that the Phidget isn't opened by another program when trying to open in Flash?

You should be able to catch and deal with the security exception. Can you determine from where the exception is originating?

-Patrick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:14 am 
Hi, it works now. I simply forgot to start the webservice.

Daan